The Planning Division provides supporting services for land-use planning and development in the County. In addition to its work with County departments, the Division offers services to municipalities, the public, developers and others, collaborating with all County partners to implement the vision of the AlleghenyPlaces, the Allegheny County comprehensive plan.
As the official planning agency for Allegheny County the Planning Division provides the following services:
- Allegheny Places — The Planning Division manages the Allegheny County comprehensive plan, Allegheny Places, a long-range, comprehensive land use plan that serves as a blueprint for growth and development in the County. Allegheny Places establishes a collective vision for the County’s future and offers practical tools to make the vision a reality. Visit www.alleghenyplaces.com for more information.
- Advisory Reviews — As required by PA Act 247 Municipalities Planning Code (MPC), the Planning Division provides advisory reviews to municipalities and others for the following:
- Site Plans and Subdivisions
- Land Use Ordinances and Comprehensive Plans
- Grant and Permit Consistency Determinations
- Land Use Approvals — The Planning Division administers the 2012 Allegheny County Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance for municipalities that have not adopted their own ordinance.
- Recorded Plans — As a prerequisite to recording, the Planning Division reviews and signs final record plans (formerly mylars) of finally approved subdivisions, site plans and planned residential developments (PRDs) for all municipalities except the City of Pittsburgh.
- Transportation — Planning division provides support for transportation projects and planning initiatives such as the Transportation Action Partnership (TAP) and ActiveAllegheny.
- Stormwater Management —Planning Division is responsible for developing a countywide Act 167 stormwater management plan. For more information go to www.AlleghenyCountySWMP.com.